Using Bomes MT to light LEDs on APC40
    Tech Wizard

Default Using Bomes MT to light LEDs on APC40

I was wondering if someone could explain the easiest way to accomplish this in Bome MT.

I simply want to resend the Hotcue State OUT after pressing the hotcue button I have assigned on the APC40. The idea is to 're-light' the Hotcue button after pressing it.

Currently, the Hotcue State OUT is only sent when loading a track. The APC40's clip launch buttons naturally turn off upon release, so I need a way to resend the Hotcue State OUT from Traktor after pressing the button.

On Windows, I cannot use the 'Send Monitor State IN', as using this command on any button causes major audio warping and distortion and glitching.

Do I need to take the button press output from the APC40 and then translate it into the Note that turns the LED on green and then send it back to the APC40, while still sending that button input on to Traktor so it can receive the command?

Or

Can I somehow take the button output from the APC40, translate it to some other note that tells Traktor to resend the Hotcue State, and then send that note, along with the original note to Traktor?

Thanks for any help.

Tech Guru

I wouldn't worry about sending any kind of note from Bomes to Traktor. Just map the command in Traktor as you normally would, and in Bomes set up a translator that receives the note off message (8x xx xx), and sends a note on message (9x xx xx). to the APC only.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

speaking of Bomes - I'd quite like to see an article on DJTT about how to properly use Bomes... any plans?

Tech Guru

I'm submitting this very topic for review. Hopefully we'll see one soon!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Convert

hey, any luck doing this? i'm running into the same issue at low latency with the crackle, and upping the sample rate (latency ms) causes traktor to become less responsive. it all seems to be caused by the "send monitor state" out command. how did bome's work out?