missing my djm 600 mixer
    Tech Wizard

Default missing my djm 600 mixer

hi all,i recently found out that u can use a bog standard mixer with virtual dj.if this is possible does anybody know how to hook it up so i can blow the dust off my djm 600.thanks to all

put it to mix in external mode, get a multichannel soundcard and run RCA's from each of the outputs into the different inputs on the djm 600

in the settings select the outgoing channels for each deck on the same ouputs as you have hooked up to your djm 600

Tech Wizard

thanks for the reply,would a audio dj 2 work for a sound card or even the sound card in my laptop do?thanks again

depends on the number of decks you are spinning.
    as far as i know there is only two decks in virtual dj, therefore an audio2dj would work.
    not too sure about your inbuilt one, would recommend an external one anyway!

if you tell us what kind of computer, we might be able to say what you can do with the stock card.

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

sorry my computer is toshiba with win xp and has realtek ac 97 audio,is it possible to run it from my headphone jack.say if i got a mini jack split into double phono.Then get a 2 split rca,s coming from my channels on my mixer????

I think this would give you a kind of mono signal - you are effectively splitting the stereo signal down further.

If there is a setting within Virtual DJ to output a proper mono signal then I'd go for that and split as you say, but you would be compromising stereo for mono, but that could be ok for your own use.