Why cup ???

Thread: Why cup ???

Default Why cup ???

Why CUP ???

Does anybody use it? Why did they add it to the existing CUE options?

Seems that the previous CD players (DENON 2500F and PIONEER CDJ 1000) were fine without it. I don't get it. The regular CUE button will play when you trigger it and will continue to play the track synchronously when PLAY is pressed on the fly. Why CUP?

Why does Traktor PRO promote this CUP feature ???

Thanks.

Tech Guru

probably to make it easier than having to map it between two buttons. I don't mind it either way, though the CDJ-1000 method worked great imo.

Because its easier to jam out using CUP than it is to hit cue and press the play button every time to make the playhead continue to play. If your jamming out dropping cue points and doing some intense cue juggle action the last thing that you want to do is have to remember to hit play after you have hit the cue button.

Sure the lack of a CUP function is fine when your just doing regular mixing, but for controllerism the CUP function rocks.

*±simsalabim±*
    No need to add this remark, while Bento nailed it so tight!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --