Help needed troubleshooting traktor freezing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help needed troubleshooting traktor freezing

Hi!
    I have a problem with my setup, it involves Traktor 3.4 freezing when i am playing a set, (NOT GOOD!!!!!)
    However i am not sure what is causing it!!
    I am using a Dell latitude D820 core 2 duo 2.0ghz with 4GB Ram, an Echo indigo DJ sound card, and a Behringer BCD3000 as MIDI controller.

It seems that traktor will randomly freeze, usually leaving the soundcard playying a loud BUZZING sound which obviously sounds very harsh and horrible.

Do you think the cause is the BCD? Did traktor 3 freeze on you?? I am wondering if it had freezing issues or if this was only ascociated with the BCD 3000 - even if it is only being used for midi and Sound card is not in use.. That is its not selected as a sound card in traktor.

I know people say its a toy and platicy etc but its cool for me as im only a mobile dj most of the time and i do look after my gear so its still like new after a year! I most like the large controls and the big cue/play buttons especially. The VCI 100 has tiny cue/play which i dont like but i have not tried it yet.
    I really need to know what is causing the problem! If i replace the dj controller and it keeps crashing then i have thrown away a lot of money!
    Really need some help as i have had probs with this for nearly 2 years now!
    Yes i am disabiling wifi on my laptop and running off the mains.
    My last setup was a P2 400mhz with sound blaster live card and a copy of PCDJ silver, NEVER let me down! lol

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This used to happen to me often, and I was using the VCI-100.

I had to figure out a loading system. With Traktor 3.4 I had to turn on my VCI-100 after I loaded Traktor. Also, I needed to upgrade to better USB cables and make sure my power source was solid. Also up your latency.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

thanks man ill bear that in mind and leave changing gear till i have spent more time making this work.

Yeah. What's your latency set at?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

hey,
    its default is 5.5ms which is where i tend to leave it
    I am a mobile Dj & mix Dj - was fascinated with digital djing but becoming more and more put off everytime traktor freezes and needs restarting
    IE I am here to find out what will work reliably!!!!?!?!?!? - And to meet some lovely people too!

I would up it to 10ms.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks man, the only way it could be adjusted was by changing the buffer size from 256 samples to 512 samples. The latency is now 11.5 seconds & i have just been playing around with traktor pro and managed to get headphone preview finally working and im using a decent usb lead & its working well so far! (Until i do a gig no doubt!)
    But thanks man you have really helped me today, its good to have someone to bounce ideas off
    I am a mobile Dj & mix Dj - was fascinated with digital djing but becoming more and more put off everytime traktor freezes and needs restarting
    IE I am here to find out what will work reliably!!!!?!?!?!? - And to meet some lovely people too!

That's what we're here for man Glad to be of assistance.

When spinning live just make sure the machine is set right. Turn off all non-essentials (internet and virus scanner are the big hogs) and make sure your power source is reliable.

Good luck to ya
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Mac or PC?

if PC try Game Booster. Works wonders for me.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

IMPORTANT
    I have the same buuuuzzzzz sometimes sound with traktor from 3 to pro 1.2.1 (put in settings for cpu to bi High quality)

This is houw you will certanly start it: SHIFT+EQ FX, turn on FADER on, and start playing with track(put it on loop). You can play it with both decks. After a few minutes it will BUZZZ. I am scared to play with FX live just because It can buzz if I over do it
    And sometimes when i list for songs with VCI-100(that switching windows for full screen browsing tracks start the buzzz).
    CONSTANT Hardware VCI-100, Audio 4 DJ (tried changing latency), dj tech tools cabels

other: 4xDESKTOP(INTEL & AMD) with optimised XP -all that you can do with xp when its already installed
    10xLAPTOP(all kind of manufactures, AMD&INTEL) again with same kind optimization XP

I have to say that with PREoptimized XP I dont have BUZZ http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast