Numark Omni Control - I have been a DJ for a long time but new to VDJ
    Tech Student

Default Numark Omni Control - I have been a DJ for a long time but new to VDJ

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I was a DJ for many years on Vinyl with my trusty MK-1200's. I left DJing for a few years due to got married, kids, life, ect. Well....Im back...this time as a VDJ. Current set up is my Macbook Pro and Numark Omni Control. I bought a copy of Traktor pro and been running with it. Amazing to see how the art of DJ'ing has been so simplified compared to what was required but by the same token sky is the limit - I remember when a digital sampler was amazing LOL. I searched the forums and really didn't find and honest review of the Omni Control. What are your thoughts? Will I outgrow it quickly? I will be buying a Kontrol X1 soon to add to mix shortly as well. Let me know your thoughts. What do you recommend as hardware. I have made alot of progress on Traktor and am starting to feel comfortable with it. Effects allow for amazing build up and drama.

Esmart810

Tech Mentor

Everyone has there own opinion and if you were able to mix on techincs then i would say you will outgrow your current selection fast!VCI-100 is the standard on this forum so it seems, maybe your like me and you want a "decks" feel, for me it was a vci-300, some say others work, but in my own opinion which counts for nadda, then the item you have is ok as a start but its not really the finished item, if however you never managed to mix proper on decks then you are doing fine.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Tech Student

bump*