Playing backwards & browsing. WTF?
    Tech Guru

Default Playing backwards & browsing. WTF?

Got a bit of a problem in Traktor. Was having a mix then suddenly the right deck started playing backwards. I've had this happen a couple of time before, anyone know why? I did a recalibration then suddenly the blue selection bar in the track library window started scrolling downwards on it's own and the right deck, under the calibration bar, said "browsing" above where it says "vinyl 15 mins". What the hell? Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Tech Guru

Just discovered that it's doing it on the left deck too, and it does it when the time code is on the 2 most inner rings of the vinyl. Everything is fine unless the needle is on those 2 rings. Fuckin weird. What is going on?

were you using a controller, or spinning vinyl?

I've had that happen on two occasions in the past. For me it was a dirty stylus/poor contacts, and the other was a faulty rca cable.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    were you using a controller, or spinning vinyl?
    Both, like I said, it plays backwards only when on the 2 most inner rings of the control vinyl. I also have a couple of controllers but I have shut down traktor, disconnected them and fired it back up to see if there was any confliction with the controllers I am using but I am still getting the same thing. I also tried putting the Audio 8 in a different USB socket just to check but with the same results.

Could this have anything to do with the latest update? I only say that because when I installed it the first time I booted up Traktor it wouldn't see my nanokontrol. Never had that before, had to relaunch it and then it started working. Also, I booted up Traktor for the first time today, my Audio 8 was plugged in but it said it wasn't, again had to do a reboot.

So yeah, since I added the latest update I've noticed a few glitches I'd never encountered before.

Tech Guru

I've had that happen on two occasions in the past. For me it was a dirty stylus/poor contacts, and the other was a faulty rca cable.
    The first thing I checked was the stylus', both clean & I even swapped them round, same results. The fact it only happens on the 2 inner rings on the control vinyl on BOTH decks leads me to believe it's not anything to do with the stylus or cables, the cables are the multicores & I know they are in tip top condition as the rarely get moved.

IIRC, there is a special track used for browsing your collection. It is by design.

"Scrolling Playlist via Vinyl function"

"A special track allows you to scroll through your collection and select your next tune using only the turntable - with no need to touch your computer."

Nosferatu shoots!

he scores!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

IIRC, there is a special track used for browsing your collection. It is by design.

"Scrolling Playlist via Vinyl function"

"A special track allows you to scroll through your collection and select your next tune using only the turntable - with no need to touch your computer."
    You sir, are a legend of the game!! It must have checked it when I did the update cos I've never had that before.

But anyway, yeah, fucking legend! Cheers, problem solved.

This is a great board... it's all about the community.

Glad to be of help.