Audio 4 soundcard drop outs - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

No switch and most of the time i have been well under clipping level

hmmm... no other 'usueful' thoughts come to mind tbh. you tried pluggin in before starting traktor/ableton and after yeah?
    how does something like itunes or media player behave through it? could they be causing an issue somewhere?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

The WDM drivers drop out too (with itunes or winamp or whatnot)

I usually have windows sounds running though my internal soundcard so there shouldnt be any conflicts there.

And yeah, tried plugging it in at all different times, before the computer loads, after windows has loaded, before the program has started, after the program has started. all no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    i discover the same thing when using my audio 8 outside of the traktor/ableton...when using t pro it works like a charm but for example watching a youtube video i get the same drop outs after 1/2 minutes for just a second.
    For me that oly happens when using firefox and watching several tabs worth of youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    The WDM drivers drop out too (with itunes or winamp or whatnot)

I usually have windows sounds running though my internal soundcard so there shouldnt be any conflicts there.

And yeah, tried plugging it in at all different times, before the computer loads, after windows has loaded, before the program has started, after the program has started. all no dice.
    Already been able to test the card on a different machine, B?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    key word.... but i think you said you'd tried disabling them.

there was a thread somewhere that linked to a microsoft tool called 'process explorer' not tried it out myself yet, but it tells you more about what processes/services are doing. maybe that can help shed some light on it?

link; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

@Tekki - testing on another machine at the moment and so far its running fine

Edit: been running it about 30 min before i made this post and its still running fine - if it hasn't dropped yet then i doubt it will.

@Brad - i run a pretty bare bones system as it is, theres not much more i can disable as it is, but ill get rid of the few things i can without bringing the system to a complete halt. Also yeah i did disable the internal sound.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 04-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Yo B, that's some wicked shit, eh?

Might have some reinstalling to do?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yeah i have been considering formatting because this has me completely stumped

bento give full spec on working configuration and configuration that gives you trouble...maybe someone will notice something

and how many processes are running?

The problem is i dont have a working configuration that works with the Audio 4, yet it works with the audioFIRE 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast