About to buy a second hand VCI100SE...

Default About to buy a second hand VCI100SE...

And the seller is saying that it comes with v1.2 firmware, but from what I have managed to read on here so far, the SE is suppoed to have v1.3 firmware shipped with it - is this right, or merely my misunderstanding?

Are you sure its a VCI-SE ?
    They were only available for a limited time so if you are buying one it would have to be a second hand one.
    The black japanese VCI-100's come with the 1.2 firmware, so make sure the two are not getting confused with one another. The Ean Golden firmware is 1.3.

OK, my bad - it is not an SE. Is there any inherent advantage of a black VC-100 over the silver? They can both me made into an "almost-SE", right?

Or let me put it this way:

Given that the price is going to be fairly equal, would I be better off getting a brand new silver VC-100, or the black one second hand?

Hi there frak,

I bought the black vci on recommendations of the good people here on DJTT... so far i have no regrets on the purchase...the comments regarding the feel of the rubberised knobs and softer buttons was spot on (it juz feels better)...had tried other gear with plasticky knobs, didnt really liked them at all. If you dont mind gettin a second hand unit , i would highly recommend getting the black vci although their are black overlays and replacement knobs (coming soon) on sale in the shop at the moment to turn your silver vci into a black one...as for the buttons, you probably seen some of the mods done by some of the members here...

cheers
    chubbz

Thanks for the advice.

As an aside, I stumbled across this web-site last night as a result of an prolonged YouTube session, and I have to say that the sense of community here is excellent - the kind of place I know I will keep coming back to.

Oh, and Ean - pure genius!
    The revolution will not be sent as an email attachment