Traktor causing iTunes to be damaged
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor causing iTunes to be damaged

Hey All - On Traktor I access all of my music and playlists through iTunes. iTunes is an easier platform for me to use, because I used to use Serato and once I discovered DJTT & their controller I started using Traktor. iTunes has allowed me to move between both programs. This has worked perfectly until yesterday when iTunes notified me that my library was damaged ("iTunes Library (Damaged).itl"). iTunes then replaced my library with a new one...and all of my playlists were gone (music was still there). At this point in my career my playlists are more important than my music, because I have my music backed up about 5 times (please back up your music everyone). Obviously I am a a little nuts about my back-ups and this means I still l have a clean back-up of my library, but I don't want this to keep happening. Has anyone had this "damage iTunes library" happen to them? Did you find it to be caused by Traktor? If not, did you find the cause? Does Traktor have a designated playlist file that can be back-up? Any advice about the next step to take. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rjarrell View Post
    Does Traktor have a designated playlist file that can be back-up? Any advice about the next step to take. Thank you for your help.
    find collection.nml and back that up, but also right click your traktor playlists (in traktor) and select save, this will create a file with that playlists info in as well. you can also save a copy of the music files with if you wanted.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Convert

Thanks for Traktor tip. I figured out why iTunes was becoming damaged. My logic board was going bad and did 30 minutes before an event. Thank goodness I had my back-up computer with me. Thanks again!