Traktor Scratch/Pro Questions
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Scratch/Pro Questions

I have been using Traktor for a couple of months and there are still a few things I am stuck trying to work out.

1. I made a change to my browser details that I cannot restore. I want to show the symbol for all the tracks that have been grid locked in the column marked "#", next to title in my browser view. Where is the option to switch it back on ?

2. A couple of tracks I have tried to beat grid drift out further in the track, Ida Cor - Let Me think about it (Fedde Le Grand Mix). Is there a way round it like using multiple grid markers or do I need to tweak the track in Ableton ? It should be consistent as it is a dance track.

3. I am using an EKS Otus, is there a way in the MIDI settings to set a "Shift" button so that I can use a control to tweak an extra parameter like the X1 does ? I looked at the Boogie Pimps mapping for the Otus but couldn't work it out.

Any tips or help appreciated, thanks

Hi mate, lets have a look at these issues

1. The column you want is the "Icon" column. Bring up,the full browser view and right click on a column to bring up the options, there you can reactivate the columns you want. After this its simply a matter of dragging the column back over to where you want it.

2. Yes using several grid markers can work fine. Try putting one near the middle and see if that helps, or putting one where you would start mixing the next track in. If all else fails, if you have access to ableton, warping the tracks can solve the problem.

3. Yes you can. Search through some threads in here for advice on setting up modifiers, believe me there are lots! also check this blog article out http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/

Hope this helps you a bit.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

thanks that is a great help.

One question though. I tried to set multiple grid markers so that I could beat grid the start and the end of the song. But when I tweaked the bmp value only the grid after the first marker moves ?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah that's where things get weird.

First, if it's just drifting toward the end you might want to try tweaking the actual BPM as it might not be a whole number. Is it drifting or does it shift, like they drop the beat half a beat early after a breakdown or something?

If you change the overall BPM the whole grid should shift as you can't have two BPM values. If you just move the grid, though, it will only move one grid at a time. This is selected by which grid the track is after, but not before.

So that makes sense, you have two grid markers. You have marker 1 selected and jump forward 8 beats. If you move the grid it will only move the grid after marker 1, not after marker 2. If you select marker 2 and move the grid it will still move the grid from marker 1, not marker 2. IF you move as much as one beat ahead of marker 2 it will then move the grid after marker 2.

So much easier to show but alas I'm at work.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall