new tsi or preset
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default new tsi or preset

i have tracktor pro with stanton dascrath work fine but instead of gain volume i would like to have fader volume control. and on deck 2 when i try to engage does not work instead i have 2 use efects on deck 1,how can i fix this problem?:eek::eek::eek:help please:eek::eek:

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't really understand what the problem is. You want to have the fader control the Volume, and not the gain, but right now it's controlling both?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

When you hit write, or save....the number should blink, then you can use change that value up or down to a number that you want it set at. I haven't used my zoom in 2 years, but I believe it works something like that...once it is blinking change to value to a patch you wouldn't mind overwriting.

Tech Convert

its only controlling gain control

Tech Mentor

I think some1 posted a TSI that does what u want on the Stanton forum but the search function doesn't work there for me, so I can't find it and I'm not convinced you've got the right preset and TSI combo loaded for what u want to do, as you're having FX troubles.

I don't understand the problem you've got with the FX tbh, unless you're trying to use advanced FX in which case u need to map them yourself as Satnton didn't get around to that yet, altho they have posted a how to showing how easy it is to do yourself lol.
    Maybe try posting what devices you've got, the TSI and preset combo you're using and a bit more detail on the problem, here and on the Stanton forums. Some1 else has probably been in the same situation and solved it already, so all you would need do is load up the right preset and tsi combo.

hth
    Last edited by Hippie; 04-11-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Tech Mentor

OK I got it working as a relative encoder without changing the preset.

Load up Dascratch and Traktor as normal and select the page on the 3d that u want to change (deck and vinyl mode)
    Open up the controller manager and find the dascratch tsi in the dropdown (generic midi)
    Save your tsi first just incase anything goes wrong
    Add in > mixer > volume fader
    Click learn and move the slider so some info is entered into the box next to learn and click learn again to switch it off.
    Type of controller - Encoder, interaction - relative, enc mode - 3fh/41h, assign the deck u want it to control.
    Adjust the sensitivity and accel to suit. I had to set the sensitivity over 150% to get the full volume fader motion in 1 swipe at 0 acceleration, increasing the accel made a big difference tho.
    Once you're happy with it and want to keep the change, scroll up the list in the controller manager to the Gain control line that should be highlighted as you've just reused the same midi message and delete the line so the slider stops controlling the gain at the same time.

Tech Convert

thanks u help me resolve the problem u r great at this is working the way i wanted thanks 4 all your help.thanks to ean for his tutorial on tracktor pro

is it me or are the stanton units a ball-ache to map?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    is it me or are the stanton units a ball-ache to map?
    Not if you know what your doing, you have to remember how complex the mappings are on these things. They are like no other controller on the market in terms of the mapping or even hardware. The quality level of the mappings that come with the unit are pretty high and ALOT blood, sweat and tears of work has gone into getting the unit to function how it does.

So while it may be more of a pain in the butt map, its doing a hell of alot more than any other djing controller on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Not if you know what your doing, you have to remember how complex the mappings are on these things. They are like no other controller on the market in terms of the mapping or even hardware. The quality level of the mappings that come with the unit are pretty high and ALOT blood, sweat and tears of work has gone into getting the unit to function how it does.

So while it may be more of a pain in the butt map, its doing a hell of alot more than any other djing controller on the market.
    a simple yes would've been enough

tbh it's the complexity that put me off them, touch thing is nice, but i wanted something simpler. i love my vci

how do you mean more though? i've seen alot of the buttons are multifunction, is that what you mean? not it makes you a cup of tea and bakes some biscuits while you mix? that would be awesome

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast