Help me find a flash drive dealer for press kit.

Default Help me find a flash drive dealer for press kit.

Does anyone know of a good dealer with good prices for flash drives to include in a press kit? I'm looking for 25-50 1 GB flash drives, customized with a 1 to 2 color logo. Preferably looking for a dealer in the US with a decent turn around time.

Thanks in advance.

Random google searches have led me to some sites but no prices. I've submitted requests for quotes but haven't heard back.

ErikC

Nice thread, look forward to seeing how much this would actually cost

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/t...-storage/9bd7/

This isn't what I was looking for but thought it was cool enough to share. A bit pricey especially for 128MB but cool idea. Might get some cheap flash drives from office depot and see if I can make my own cases. hmmmm

www.ipromo.com just came back with a quote for 25 1GB Swivel Style Flash Drives with 2 color logo printed on the device.

$370 w/free shipping and lifetime guarantee on all devices.
    $14.70/ea.

I wonder if it would be cheaper to find a place where you can order bulk 1gb drives then get a bunch of stickers printed off and stick them on yourself. That just might bring down the cost significantly.

found this site; http://www.customusb.com/

used to workd for a compnay that produced the flash drives, well i say that we bought them in bulk from china then did the printing in house.
    we only quoted to the promo companies, who in turn quote you. never sold to end user.

if you think you'll do a lot of these in the future, it might be worth picking up your own dye-sublimation printer* (they make home versions) and applying the colouring to the flash drive yourself. also then you could have a '4 colour process' image if you wanted as opposed to just a '2 colour screen print' like you're looking at - which from these companies would up the price some more, assuming they have a supplier that can do it?

*edit; i mean the kind that prints off a 'heat transfer' that you then apply to the flash drive, while doing a search i had a lot of normal printers come up that use a similar principal, check this site out http://www.ussublimation.com/ they deal in the bits you'd need, but no prices listed... sneaky....
    Last edited by BradCee; 04-10-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

This indeed is an interesting thread!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

forgot to mention... obviously you'd need to acquire the flash drives. handy thing about the chinese factories is they can build in bulk and apply the data at the same time.
    so you could still hit up the promo company, buy a bulk of 'unprinted' drives but send them the data to pass to the factory to put that in during manufacture.
    this again would up the cost, but not by much, think it was like 50-75p per unit, but after a certain price break it was free, big price break though. - this will vary from company to company though, some will have a one off 'covers all' charge, some will charge more/less, but they all use the same couple of factories for supply, they just use whichever has cheapest unit cost on the day of you ordering

would save you a lot of time, and the cost would still work out lower in in long run if you was to print yourself. you can get a lot of flash drives from 1 a4 dye-sub paper sheet.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

http://www.branders.com/category/pro...er?catid=81381

This company will put your name or logo on damn near anything!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info