iPod/iPad OS 4.0 Announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On my old school mb is runs the CPU thru the roof.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

that's the well known performance issues that mac had with flash....flash works great in windows and linux

Ur lucky imo if u dont need flash but i dont see everything going to html5 just cause that what apple wants.

Very true charo. I'm not a big flash user, but I can imagine for people that rely on it it sure would suck. It would be nice to see a beatport app to buy music
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

has anyone been reading about the new terms for developer's? http://digg.com/apple/Stop_The_Madness_Steve_Jobs

3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).
    http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/ip...flash_compiler

there's tons of opinions in the links comments, i'm not sure how big a deal this is to tell you the truth but then again i'm not a iphone/ipad developer...

the bottom line is that they're trying to protect their investment. it's not like there's some plot to piss off all developers and users who want flash while the suits cackle at their misery.. i don't think they realized how big of an issue it would be when they started developing the OS, and now there's really nothing they can do about it since the system is already in place.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

ipad might support usb audio interfaces:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/15/...onnection-kit/
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12