M-Audio Fast Trak Pro FEEDBACK
    Tech Convert

Default M-Audio Fast Trak Pro FEEDBACK

I DJ ed two gigs this Sunday and noticed a ton of feedback coming out of my sound card. It was a loud buzz and a weird beeping noise. I turned down the power on the amp and lowered the volume on my mixer. This cut down some of the feedback. I was using outputs 1 & 2 via RCA connections into my mixer.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with their sound card? Or does anyone know why I was experiencing the feedback?

The manual provided from M-Audio was thoroughly unhelpful.

Duke Slydaz

Check out this thread. It goes on to explain that the feedback is coming from the powered usb and how to rebuild a usb cable with capacitors to take away the feedback.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ght=fast+track

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Slydaz View Post
    It was a loud buzz and a weird beeping noise. I turned down the power on the amp and lowered the volume on my mixer.
    Welcome to my world!!! Damn you M-Audio and your FastCrap Ho!

...But seriously, just unplug your laptop and the feedback should go away. Works for me. I always play "unplugged" as to avoid feedback and nasty power surges that will lock up the FastTrak Pro.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

had the same problem, until i accidentally smashed it under a baseball bat, then for some reason stopped working altogether... hmm... weird. anyways, i sold my little numark mixer, bought a korg zero 4, and couldn't be happier, now i got both a mixer, soundcard, fx, and midi controller in one, all through firewire.

damn m-audio, plus i couldn't even uninstall the software drivers off my windows laptop anymore. i don't use the windows laptop anymore, but still, i hate having useless software. i never installed it on my mbp, didn't wanna risk it.

but for suggestive help, maybe you should try using the balanced outputs (trs/ 1/4 inch)

Tech Wizard

Could any of it be due to setting the latency too low for the card?
    What is your latency set to?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Could any of it be due to setting the latency too low for the card?
    What is your latency set to?
    I set the latency really high and still was experiencing some humming. I did some research and discovered it may be grounding issue. I am looking to fix it in the next couple days. I will def share my results!
    Duke Slydaz
    DJDukeSlydaz@gmail.com
    LIVE LIFE THROUGH MUSIC!