New Equipment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Equipment

Tech Guru

Default New Equipment

Hello DJTT,

I was thinking on adding a few more things into my set....

what do you think about:
    (2) - Kontrol X1's
    (1) - Stanton SCS.1m

would i be able to use these three pieces of equipment (and my soundcard & computer of course ) to do a live show?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

it seems like with just that equipment you would have great control of everything in traktor except for scratching. I think that would be a great mobile setup. Use the setup with your cdjs and you've got everything covered.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Tech Guru

how would i set this all up (with my audio 8 soundcard)
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Guru

any ideas i want to purchase it but unsure on how I would route it

Tech Guru

buump

Tech Guru

i have a similar set up. Using a Xone 42 and two X1's. Not sure what you can get the stanton for but I got my Xone for 675.00 B-Stock from prostar audio and it was perfect, straight from allen and heath.

The only thing getting used to is not having jog wheels, but aside from that it's an awesome set up and you'll have control of a bunch of functions in traktor. If your mobile take your mixer and X1's, you can always add CDJ's or turntables or if you go somewhere that has a house set up, take your two X1's and Audio 8 and plug into the house mixer.

It takes a few wires but its an easy set up. Hook up your audio 8 using 4 RCA cables, 1 for each line in external mode and thats it. Each volume fader controls a channel. Plug your audio 8 and X1's into your computer and your jamming.

Tech Guru

yea i understand that part but the stanton mixer is a midi controller (not like a normal mixer) so i would just need to route the master output right?

Tech Guru

oh gotcha.....not sure man, never used one. Im guessing you would have to map each of the volume faders for each deck, and the cross fader. Same as the VCI has each mapped. Then yeah master out in internal mode. Just curious why get a midi mixer if your gonna have two X1's?

yeah with a setup where you are using a midi mixer, you are mixing in the box and should route the master out into the house mixer or whatever the soundguy tells you
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Guru

iigh sounds good

@haze324 sometimes my friends want me to dj at a house party or one of their bbq's (they own a PA system) and i dont want to carry my djm 800 and my cdjs... so i can carry a whole set with just a backpack....everything so light-weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast