Logic 9 Multiple Oscillators / Reason 4 Combinator Equivalent

Unhappy Logic 9 Multiple Oscillators / Reason 4 Combinator Equivalent

Something I've wondered for a while now is whether there is anything in Logic 9 that can be utilised in a similar way to Reason's combinator in terms of controlling multiple instruments with one midi track.

What i want to do is to create a fat synth sound using up to around 6 or 7 oscillators. I know i could just duplicate the channel strip and midi info, but surely there is an easier way to do it? Like two ES2s on one channel? It just seems to be a hassle when it comes to automating volume when i use more than one track for a synth line.

Any suggestions of alternative methods are appreciated.

Cheers

A.

just bus multiple synths to an aux channel (bus). then go to the Mixer window, right click, and select "Create Arrange Track" or whatever, then you'll have an aux channel in your arrange window that you can write automation on, which will automate everything sent to that bus.

hope this helps
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

You could also Rewire Reason into Logic as well.

or

Use the same technique djhip stated with a few channels of Massive bussed into one channel.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Hiya Ringshifter,

I have been using Logic for many years. If you wish to control volumes of more than 1 mixer channel assign them to a group. Then moving any fader in the group will move all the level faders in that group,

I hope this helps

Undergroundian