Bali for NYE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bali for NYE

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    DJTT got any recommendations for accommodation? Don't mind something a bit fancy but don't want it to be filled with couples or families etc.
    How many people are you with? If it's a decent group you could consider hiring a villa for the time being, this would give you all the space in the world you'd need.

If you really want a hotel in the middle of the partying zone of Kuta for a decent price, you could a hotel i stayed in for about a week before i moved off to Seminyak. Let me look it up for you.

Found it:
    It was the Matahari Beach Bungalow where we stayed. It was literally ON the partystreet in Kuta, about a 5 minute walk to the clubs and great, cheap restaurants everywhere. Prices are about 45bucks a night so very doable!

Just telling you this because i absolutely love Bali.

Oh, and i spent over 2 months in Bali, and haven't encountered even 1 ladyboy (as far as i know), don't worry about them.

If you are willing to go to any lengths to 'party hard', then it may be worth noting Indonesia's drug laws, they are quite harsh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibi...s%29#Indonesia
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Cheers Whyte really helpful man. Sounds like Bali NYE could be the ticket! Probably be going over with a few others, possibly 5+. Will get onto them now I've got some info from someone with first hand experience.

Oh and lethal_pizzle thanks for the heads up, here in Aus we're very aware of the extreme laws with regard to drugs in south east asia. Had a few aussies charged recently.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

For the last few nights of our stay me and b33son stayed in this mangey place in Kuta (cant even remember what it was called)l - but we booked at the last min so it was all we could get. The good part though is that it was right in the middle of Kuta, so it was a very easy drunk walk home after a night of partying.

As for the drug laws... don't do it unless you got big $$$$ to pay off every man and his dog... and even then... dont do it!

As for a recommendation on places to stay Karma Kandara was crazy nice, but also crazy expensive - if you got $$ then stay there otherwise find someplace closer to Kuta (it was about 20min drive to kuta from karama kandara)
    Last edited by BentoSan; 04-13-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Tech Mentor

Woahh just checked out Karma Kandara, that's a little luxurious for us haha. Wouldn't mind staying some where 'nice', doesn't have to be complete luxury though. Willing to throw in a little dosh so that we aren't staying at like a backpackers.

So Kuta is the place to be party wise? What are taxi's like?

Tech Convert

Have a look at this place http://bali-agung.com/ Its in Seminyak and its a great hotel at a reasonable price.

While kuta is def party central and good fun early on in the night I personally wouldn't stay there I prefer Seminyak its a little more laid back. If your going clubbing chances are your gonna end up in Seminyak anyways at somewhere like 66, Ku De Ta or DeJa-Vu.

Taxis are everywhere and supercheap, why not take your life in your hands and jump on a motorbike Taxi.

The ladyboys like to hangout on the corner opposite 66 later on in the night and prey on drunken tourists. They can be pretty aggresive and have been known to rob guys when the eventually fall asleep. Ive often seen guys speed off on the back of a bike with a benchong thinkg they have just hooked up with a "beautiful lady" its pretty funny really.

If you do some good googling and asking around, you could find places like these for pretty reasonable prices.

Link above is a 5 bedroom villa in the middle of seminyak for 450bucks a night. If you split that between 5 people, and keep in mind that food and booze in Bali is CHEAAAP. Still not cheap but if you don't wanna stay as a backpacker, and stay as a king with alot of friends, go for it .

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Oh, and i spent over 2 months in Bali, and haven't encountered even 1 ladyboy (as far as i know), don't worry about them.
    Yeah you must be blind

KUTA is good for partying, but it is pretty scummy so I wouldnt plan to spend all your time there

Tech Mentor

Any thoughts on Canggu from you Bali experienced peeps?

http://www.villarentalbali.com/bali-...5/Awatara.html

That Complex wouldn't be bad to book out (2 x 3 br villas).

Tech Convert

Canngu is a bit further on up the coast and a little bit more remote. You would really have to travel back in to Seminyak or further for partying. Theres a few good crowded waves if surfing is your thing and a couple of beaches with the small restuarants (warungs).

Having said that it really is very beautiful and your not that far from Seminyak depending on traffic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12