Questions regardin the VCI SE, Xone DX and VSM4

Default Questions regardin the VCI SE, Xone DX and VSM4

First I would like to appologize about asking a question that might have already been answered. I tried searching and im not sure if its my comp or the search thing............but it keep tellin me invalid question or gave me nothing..

ok so.... i have the SE that I upgraded myself using TechTools.... and it just so happens Ive got one of the models that has the bugs in it. So I need something new. Even with the freezing of the decks and all the other issues.. I am in love with it..and I will stand by TechTools and the VCI and deffend to the death!............Im Just tired of messing with it. And its time to move on.

So i have a question. Im using Traktor Studio and have the mapping file for the SE.. And one of the things that I had issues with was using mulitple decks.

when I was using deck A and then moved to deck C or B to D.....everytime I touch to adjust the HI's Mid's and Low's it would snap to the location they were when I was using them for deck A and vice verca.....like the bass for instance; if it was turned down on deck C and on deck A it was mid way...as soon as i touched the bass nob it would jump and turn the bass all the way down....(so...i am unable to make slight adjustments while using the A to C or B to D) . ..............Does it still do that??
    or if i am able to get the VCI SE and something else that would make it easier to run 4 decks...........I would rather do that. Does anybody have suggestions on any equipment i could utilize?? And how difficult would it be to run both.

Also I am lookin at gettin the xone dx..... I just cant seem to find any new reviews or mappings on the equipment and with it built for the ITCH even tho it says for all software....would like to know how well it works with PRO and STUDIO...I dont see spending that much on something and not knowing those certain things altho I would love to get my hands on one....

So now there is the American Audio VSM4..... Im not sure about the track record with American Audio.....and would like to have some input. Would love if TechTool would do an indepth review for us.

I know how secure the DJTechTools SE is but its those certain things that im not sure about.
    I want a Xone DX but spending 1200..........do i really need to do that to get what I want
    VSM4 looks great....but i always thought American Audio was low quality.. last thing i need is to take it to a party and have it blow up the first time someone looks at it.

Thank guys
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    when I was using deck A and then moved to deck C or B to D.....everytime I touch to adjust the HI's Mid's and Low's it would snap to the location they were when I was using them for deck A and vice verca.....like the bass for instance; if it was turned down on deck C and on deck A it was mid way...as soon as i touched the bass nob it would jump and turn the bass all the way down....(so...i am unable to make slight adjustments while using the A to C or B to D) . ..............Does it still do that??
    to "fix" this, you must turn on soft takover in the prefs. but this will only change it so that the knob will only start moving once you move it to the position that it is on the screen. its quite confusing and im not sure if it is actually any better, but it does solve this problem you were describing. this is the exact reason i dont like modifiers for knobs/faders. they work ok on buttons but for this very problem i refuse to use them on knobs or faders