Traktor to Traktor Clock Sync via Ethernet
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor to Traktor Clock Sync via Ethernet

Hoping there is someone out there that can either tell me the best way to accomplish this (maybe using audio midi setup) or point me to somewhere to learn how to do this.

We would like to sync 2 seperate macbooks both running traktor scratch pro, midi controllers and 2 audio 8's using ethernet cable between the 2 laptops.

We strictly want to sync clock/tempo so we can do a 4 deck set

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
    Hoping there is someone out there that can either tell me the best way to accomplish this (maybe using audio midi setup) or point me to somewhere to learn how to do this.

We would like to sync 2 seperate macbooks both running traktor scratch pro, midi controllers and 2 audio 8's using ethernet cable between the 2 laptops.

We strictly want to sync clock/tempo so we can do a 4 deck set
    Hey Fuzz,

I've managed to do this over midi cables with 2 interfaces that have midi. Here is a really good guide on how to do it. Just go to native instruments knowledge base and under the search type in sync two traktors.

It's for the older version of traktor but it's almost the exact same thing.

I manged to get around the traktor virtual input thing but just making a new midi under the midi window and just called it sync and set the in's and out's to traktor virtual input and traktor virtual output.

Should work just fine if you follow the guide.

Tech Wizard

the problem is we only want me (my laptop) to transmit tempo/clock and doing it your way will transmit midi cc's also won't it? We dont want our 2 controllers to force commands on the others laptop

Tech Guru

Just make your laptop the master and your pals slave. Go from your midi out to his midi in. Turn your 'tick' on in the master clock page and in preferences make sure you are sending midi tick. This is all in the instruction manual

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
    the problem is we only want me (my laptop) to transmit tempo/clock and doing it your way will transmit midi cc's also won't it? We dont want our 2 controllers to force commands on the others laptop
    what the heck. No it won't it's only transmitting clock data. check the manual.