Ableton "Local" vst folder?
    Tech Wizard

Lightbulb Ableton "Local" vst folder?

ok guys so i have a problem .

I bought april's version of Computer Music Mag and thought i would try out a few VST's on the DVD that it came with. I'm running ableton live 7.018 on snow leopard. im used to just dragging and droping vst's into the vst folder in my library (/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST) however a few of these plugins on the DVD had to be installed like a program. Since installing these, ableton now craps out randomly, crashing all the time to the point were i cant even make a single 4/4 house kick drum pattern without it going bananas. i had no probs with it before installing these plugins (i cant think of there names at the moment) but basically i wanted to go and remove them. so i went to the library folder and they arent there. i realise that in the browser window in ableton you have your plugins tab. in there are your AU's and VST's with VST's split into "Local" or "User". All my other plugins are in "User" while the installed ones are in "Local". now i have searched high and low to find where this "local" folder is? i want to uninstall them obviously so i can get on with making music again.

anybody understand any of this and if so got any suggestions? (its probably something simple lol )

cheers,
    Andy
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Check Your C Drive >>> Program Files >>> VSTPlugins

That's where mine a kept. Hope that helps you out.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

thanks BigC but thats for windows. ive had a windows pc previous for dj/production but its a lil different on a mac.

i found it however

if anyone else has the same problem the "Local" folder in ableton can be located again in:
    Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plugins

seems so easy now

ciao
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4