VCI-100 Traktor PRO CUP BLUE LED to stay lit?

Default VCI-100 Traktor PRO CUP BLUE LED to stay lit?

For the VESTAX VCI-100 (but should be the same for other dual-colored LED controllers)

Does anyone know how to make the CUP button GREEN stay ON while playback is in progress?

The light turns GREEN when I press it put then goes back to yellow when playback is in progress. I tried a few things in MIDI manager including Modifiers etc. , but I had no luck. Of course it works in TOGGLE mode but Toggle is no good for the CUP feature.

I am programming a custom map and I got rid of the PLAY/STOP button (don't need it). So this feature would let me visually see which deck is playing.

Thanks.
    Last edited by loverocket; 04-15-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: green

edit; was half asleep when originally replied/read this....

i think you need to set an output for 'play' and map it to the led of the cup button.
    even though you haven't got a play 'in' there is still an 'out' for when the track is, well, playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    have you tried 'send monitor state'?

tried doing some stuff with those leds the other week, and it wouldn't work the way i wanted, but then they were being used as output for a knob the other side of the vci.

if you set up an 'in' for send monitor and map it to the cup button it might work.

also i assume you know that for midi range 0 is orange and 1>127 is green? as the monitor state would need the same settings as the led you've mapped for control range and midi range
    Last edited by BradCee; 04-16-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Didn't work, but thanks for the info. Will keep messing with it and see.

odd, because i'm sure the default vci map for traktor has settings for this?

SoundCloud

Yeah the DEFAULT map works like that for the PLAY button, but the CUE/PLAY (CUP) goes off on release. I need the CUP LED's to behave like the PLAY LED's.

I found some info regarding the send monitor state command and making the LED's stay lit. Seems they really need this for the APC 40 and the launchpad. Becomes a mess in the dark without LED color codes. I will mess with that for a bit and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Tech Guru

Two of the four buttons in the transport section of the vci-100 are hard wired for the leds to be momentary (meaning you can not program them to stay green). It's a limitation.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Two of the four buttons in the transport section of the vci-100 are hard wired for the leds to be momentary (meaning you can not program them to stay green). It's a limitation.
    plus this

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Yeah the DEFAULT map works like that for the PLAY button, but the CUE/PLAY (CUP) goes off on release. I need the CUP LED's to behave like the PLAY LED's.

equals

move cup button to play button

then map an in for cup and an out of play - sorted

SoundCloud

Thanks. That worked. I feel stupid. Now I need to try and configure CUE state lit and loop active lit.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Thanks. That worked. I feel stupid.
    leds are a shit, don't worry about it, lolz

SoundCloud