iTunes Issue

Thread: iTunes Issue

Default iTunes Issue - PROBLEM SOLVED

So I've been constantly working on my music library, using iTunes. I've been doing it manually, and it's been taking me forever. I finally got the ID3 tags all set, and now I'm working on making sure the actual file names are correct.

I'm constantly clearing my iTunes library at this point and just checking files, making sure everything is coming up correct. Before I start gridding/warping, I want to make sure everything is named correctly and whatnot.

I have a desktop PC running windows Vista 32bit, 4 gig ram and a 2.713 Mhz AMD core 2 processor. So there really shouldn't be any issue on that front, everything hardware wise is working fine.

Now just tonight I noticed the issue with importing my Dubstep folder, not all of the tracks were showing up. This is from a cleared iTunes library, and I've done nothing to the song itself. It's still MP3 format for all of them.

I have 449 songs in my Dubstep folder, but iTunes only loads 427 of them. In windows media player, it loads the full 449.

I can double click the songs in my Windows Explorer, and iTunes will load up like it's about to play the track, but then nothing happens and I have iTunes running still.

I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it, and still had the same issue.

The tracks that are not working are 100% bought off of beatport, and I've not had an issue like this before.

They still play in Windows Media Player but won't load in iTunes for whatever reason.

Has anyone else run into something like this? Is there an easy fix anyone knows about?

I just started using iTunes a few months ago from previously using winamp, and I like the layout much better. But if it won't play/load all of my tracks, it's useless to me. And I really liked the smart playlists, nevermind planning on getting an iPhone in the near future.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Bassline Brine; 04-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

What format are your tunes? All Mp3?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I posted this up on the itunes forum board, as well, as I was looking all over for an answer.

This is the answer I got:

I finally got the ID3 tags all set, and now I'm working on making sure the actual file names are correct.
    So you are not letting iTunes manage your music files?
    If so, the filename is the track name so if your ID3 tag name is correct, the filename is correct..
    It's still MP3 format for all of them.
    Try this -> MP3Val

Which brought me to a website that has a little program that checks and validates your MP3 files. Apparently when I was renaming things, I messed something up in a few of my files.

I've run the program and had it check for issues, and then had it fix them. After that? Problem solved.

Apparently a lot of my files had issues and I just didn't know about it. Nothing bad, just inconsistencies in formatting or some such.

But hopefully if anyone else encounters a problem like this, this will help them out.

*NOTE* I wasn't worried about testing out this program because I ALWAYS have a backup of my music directory. I do not suggest trying out /any/ programs unless you have a backup.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

"Computers suck !" That's what I would've yelled.