which firmware do i have?
    Tech Wizard

Default which firmware do i have?

Hello guys

This was my first day playing with my vci-100 and because im reading a lot about different firmware updates i want to know what firmware i have in my controller.
    So were can i see what firmware i have right now?
    And is update 1.2 (if that one is in my controller right now?) enough or do you guys recommend to order the 1.3 updater.

Thanks

Nick

Try holding down the two sync. buttons for a couple of seconds while the vci in turned on and hooked up. If the jog wheels stop working (are turned off), you have firmware 1.2.

If you want to have the special features of the SE version, then yes, you need to upgrade to 1.3. If you are satisfied with the normal vci functionality then stick with 1.2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    Try holding down the two sync. buttons for a couple of seconds while the vci in turned on and hooked up. If the jog wheels stop working (are turned off), you have firmware 1.2.

If you want to have the special features of the SE version, then yes, you need to upgrade to 1.3. If you are satisfied with the normal vci functionality then stick with 1.2
    Hey welcome to the community....

Actually you have to press the two JOGSEEK buttons at the same time....the led on the jogwheel should turn off....you should have a green sticker next to the serial number if you have the V1.2....another way to find out is check the manuals...it should bring a paper with the firmware difference and saying tht you have the firmware 1.2...you can always upgrade to the vci se firmware wich is 1.3 just visit the store

Tech Wizard

Thanx for the replies guys. Were can I find information about what makes 1.3 better compared to 1.2

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by schaap View Post
    Thanx for the replies guys. Were can I find information about what makes 1.3 better compared to 1.2
    The 1.3 firmware is what the VCI-100SE is based on. Here you find introduction videos to the SE:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZ93MpKKws

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq9dpq6PlGQ