Recommend me some Psytrance/Goa

Default Recommend me some Psytrance/Goa

Over the past few days, I have been listening to the DJTECHTOOLS Mega Super Awesome Mix on repeat and I was wondering if you all could suggest some similar music that I might enjoy.

Personally, I know nothing of the genre, so all suggestions are welcome!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Wicked! Check out some of the free mixes on our soundcloud group for a start

I use a combination of Youtube, Psyshop, Ektoplazm.com, A few "Blogs", word of mouth, and fanning up some labels on facebook to keep up with the play. Listen to some dj mixes and get some ideas from those, thats why on our group i ask the contributors to include a playlist so i can blatantly rip their track selections I've been at this genre since the early 90's so have a fairly decent collection. I would say Psyshop would be your best bet for Charts etc, although Beatport does have a "reasonable" selection of psy now.

Some labels to check out:

Iboga, Iono, Blue Tunes, Spin Twist, Tribal Vision (Prog Psy/ Melodic Stuff)
    HOMega, YSE, Goa, Nano, Nexus Media, Suntrip, Phototropic (Psytrance, Neo Goa, Night Fullon Etc.)
    Last edited by Jester; 04-18-2010 at 01:58 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

ya dude ektoplazm is awesome.. FREE TOONS! I also love me some classical mushroom, talamasca, gsm, Nexus, Felix, XSI... Mad Maxx...Alien Mental... Fun ones! :-)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Man you guys weren't kidding, ektoplasm really is awesome! Hopefully after my final exams (if I survive them ) I'll be able to put a psytrance mix together. I'm really digging this stuff...
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Grab some compilations off there and you are away
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Also the Pangea crew from South Carolina put out some free mixes on their site. Kameleon & Labyrinth are fantastic. Check them out. http://www.pureperceptionrecords.org/newreleases/
    Last edited by Jester; 04-20-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Psytrance can be split into a few styles:

Progressive - This is usually a slower tempo....not so many build ups and climaxes like Fullon does.

Fullon - This is the general Psy you hear. With its winding buildups and hooks.

Nighttime Fullon - This is basically what i play. The harder edged stuff.

Twilight Fullon - Similar to what I play but more melodic.

Daytime Fluff - This is what gets played in the daytime. Bouncy fun Fullon.

Now pick one....ONLY ONE!!

KEKEKEK...jokes.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Damn straight!