Drivers?

Thread: Drivers?

Default Drivers?

I realize that the Midifghter installs its own drivers on my one laptop however it asks for drivers - i have tried multiple usb ports but all yield the same result. It works and installs fine on my other machines.

I am running xppro sp3 on a freshly formatted Dell latittude d620

Is there a driver pack by an chance that i can get somewhere??

Thanks!

Just an update:

I managed to get this sorted - there was obviously something wrong in my fresh windows install. I fixed it by copying the missing files from another 'working' virtual machine where i installed the MF fine.

I did receive some great support from Fatlimey and DJTT though - thanks

In case you found this thread by searching, the missing file is "USBAUDIO.sys" and you should be able to find it in your %WINDOWS%\system32 directory. That's the driver for Class Compliant USB MIDI devices.

The other issue is that failed driver installs are remembered by Windows, so you may like to clear any registry entries in the USB section for this VID/PID pair (Vendor ID, Product ID):

Code:
    VendorID = 0x03EB
    ProductID = 0x2048

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Tech Student

Default Am I missing a step?

I've been trying to get my midifighter operational, and I found the USBaudio.sys file; however, when I try to install drivers, my computer is looking for .inf files. I have a PC, and have yet to get the midifighter controller to recognize

The midifighter under normal operation doesn't need drivers, it's a class compliant device.

Under windows you only need drivers if you are trying to update the device using MFUpdate.