ableton djs--what soundcard do you use?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ableton djs--what soundcard do you use?

last night i opened for Designer Drugs and Bulimiatron. we were having some problems running the sound from my setup. didnt seem to be loud enough and we couldnt bump it up anymore. i use the Audio kontrol 1. it was kind of embarrassing having people come up to me and say, "are you gonna turn it up!?"

are there any suggestions on what i should buy?

Are you running balanced or unbalanced output from the AK1?

Even with the hardware knobs cranked and the sw levels at max you were down on output? Sounds like something else to me.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Try compression settings, EQ settings(of Ableton's EQ3) and volume levels first.

A mate of mine had the same thing, while we were doing a b2b2b.
    I was spinning an Audio4DJ and he was using a personus or a focusrite.
    At first we thought it was that what was causing the problem. But later on, we found it was the software that was causing it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i was running a balance pair. i just talked to the promoter and she said the other guys had the same problem. its a new setup (their stuff was stolen last week). we usually run a djm800 and its plently loud.

tekki--i'll keep that in mind if it happens next time. what kind of stuff do you use on the master channel?

i'm going to go back on a slow night, probably tuesday, and try this stuff out.

I used this one by Sonalksis:

more info >
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

downloading trial now!
    thanks tekki! maybe we should start a thread for ableton djs with some essential plug ins/resources. or write an article lol

Ghehehehehehhe.

Well I just hope these things will help you out too.

what settings do you use on it?

If i am using DVS ill use the audio 4 (well at least i try but im still having issues with it, i need to format).

Otherwise i rock the Echo Audiofire 4 which is a wicked soundcard, my only gripe with it is the headphone output could be a bit louder if your a dj who rocks the headphone output super loud (but its perfect if you are using in ear headphones).

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    downloading trial now!
    thanks tekki! maybe we should start a thread for ableton djs with some essential plug ins/resources. or write an article lol
    http://www.abletonlivedj.com/

i use the firebox, loud and built like a tank
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast