Use two 2 SoundCards with TRAKTOR! easy steps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Use two 2 SoundCards with TRAKTOR! easy steps

Helloo peeps
    I've been trying to make this work for 2 days now and It finally worked (using Traktor Dj studio 3)
    I'am a beginner here so i thought of sharing this with my other Beginner mates out there who could be looking for this tool , I see Traktor as the best programme you could work on to record a mix, Using the Native Mix Recording tool. it features you to record before writing your mix, meaning you could redo any failed transition at any time :eek:. I'm sure many of you guys already know it but others may not.

below are the steps you need to follow:

tips:
    1. Download and install asio4all on your computer ( for PC).
    2. You must have the two sound cards plugged in and activate them from asion4all GUI control.
    3. Start Traktor and go to audio setup
    4. Choose the ( assio4all v ) as your sound card.
    5. Set your output tracking as you may need them for monitor and master controls.
    6. Apply settings.
    7. Load two tracks on deck A & B. Hit play on both.
    8. Move the fader all the way to deck A or B. you will have this track playing on your master.
    9. on the other deck press play, you won't hear anything in your headphones until you PRESS CUE BUTTONE ON THE DECK CHANNEL STRIP.
    10. Cue up and enjoy!

if you need any further explanation, just ask me.

Yeah, this is called an Aggregated Device.

It Mac its real simple.

Enjoy!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Asio4all is a well known asio layer for WDM drivers under windows, and can be used to aggregate multiple devices into a single logical device.

However, as far as I understand its not a true asio layer as it still uses your sound cards windows drivers and it cannot be used to aggregate multiple asio capable devices running natively (in true asio mode).

Other than that, its a really handy bit of software, but you do need to test it thoroughly on your setup before using it live.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Convert

by any chance can u do one for mac because everyitme i use aggregated device on my mac it says sample mismatch and it wont play anything it makes me me use either the sound card or the internal speakers... i want the internal speakers to be use with my main speakers (through headphone jack using auxilary) and my USB sound card for my headphones

Tech Convert

im using traktor le and when i make the aggregated device i only hear from the soundcard, i want my headphones cue to be from sound card and i want the internal speakers to be use with my main speakers (through headphone jack using auxilary). But i dont know how to set it up on traktor through settings im a little bit of a noob

Quote Originally Posted by djdealz View Post
    by any chance can u do one for mac
    In my flat atm I only have shitty speakers so I have to use an aggregate device using my Audio 8 only for monitor output :eek:

Go into the audio midi setup utility and open the audio window. Under the list of devices click the + symbol and an aggregate device is created. Tick the boxes for the devices you want to use.

tbh I don't know what resample does lol (someone explain?) but I have the Audio 8 resampled and it works like a dream, creating a 'virtual device' with all the inputs and outputs of the selected devices. Traktor can then use this virtual device as a soundcard.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

why would someone want to do this?
    Mackie mr8's, Audio Kontrol 1, M Audio 61es keystation, Akai LPD8, Kork NanoKONTROL, Korg PadKONTROL.

Hopefully a roland sh-201 soon...

Tech Wizard

if they wanted to use two different sound cards in traktor.... i.e. my setup:

Soundcard 1 (Trktr s4)
    master out (to crowd) 3/4outputs of S4
    cue out (headphones) 1/2outputs of S4

CARD 2 (MAC)
    monitor out (booth) stereo out jack from my mac

liek that. or just the speakers of your computer as mains and the jack as your cue
    The Gear: MBP15", Dre Pros, TK S4, MPK32, Ableton Live, Logic 9, and other stuff
    Check the site: http://willisdaellenbach.com, Check the cloud: http://soundcloud.com/wdaellenbach

Tech Convert

hey i got the two cards working in traktor but how do i get rid of the popping sound. its destorted when i use two sound card but with one its perfect and help please its driving me crazy

Tech Convert

thx u kinda helped me i installed ASIO and for a sec it didn't work, but now everythings fine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast