VCI 100 + X-SessionPro = :confused:

Default VCI 100 + X-SessionPro = :confused:

hi there m8s))))

yesterday i have finally received my second midi controller - x-session pro, the first one being vci 100.

i plugged it in, installed the drivers, all is cool........ i started traktor 3.4, selected x-session as midi in and midi out (the vci 100 is already installed and working great). and here i discover one thing: that some of the knobs and faders on x-session are duplicating some of the knobs and faders on vci 100. for example the volume A fader on x-session duplicates the tempo fader on vci 100.for example i have assigned volume A fader on x-session to deck C volume in traktor. cool..... now when i rise this fader, deck volume C rises, and along with it, the tempo fader of deck A goes up. they seem to produce the same note when assigning with midi learn function.

how can i solve this???

Tech Mentor

Try to change the X-SessionPro's midi channel to someone different to 1 (the one used by VCI).

do i have the possibility to choose the channel when assigning a knob or fader? the way i do it, with midi learn button, traktor determines itself the channel and note of the fader i just moved.

You are able to change the channel on a VCI-100. X Session Pro, I do not know... Maybe in the enigma software?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

it would be interesting to know if somebody has encountered the same situation and how did he solve it?

u can try to change the notes that your xsession is sending by goin into its setupthingey, and make it send notes that your vci are not using, should solve it, and another midichan is good 2
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dub View Post
    it would be interesting to know if somebody has encountered the same situation and how did he solve it?
    I suggest you to search (on the manual? google?) how to chenge X-SessionPro midi channel, because it has less knobs/buttons/faders to remap than VCI-100...

I found on M-Audio site the utility "Enigma": http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...273ae768f2c955

Hope this help...

solved easily with enigma. thanks m8))))))

Great to hear! Enjoy your setup!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --