HELP needed. RE2, not analysing.

Default HELP needed. RE2, not analysing.

Hey guys,

I am currently using Rapid evoloution 2 to help me build my sets, as i find the key info helpful in a mix.
    But when i select a group of songs to analyse (never more than 100 tracks) it analyses some of them and leaves the key column blank in others. Even when i try to analyse the tracks it has missed individuly it just runs the bar in a flash and disappears leaving nothing.
    I am really confused as I cant see why it would analyse one track and not the other. All tracks are in mp3 format.

Any help is appreciated.
    Regards,

hepBurn

RE2 does this with some tracks, not sure what it is - it only happens to me with a very very small number of tracks.

Oh also, by opening the edit section and selecting to detect from the file in this window, I get an error message of. No audo decoder for selected file, followed byt the file path.

Hey Bentosan,

Yeh i wouldnt mind if it was only a few but its quite a lot. hmmm strange, maybe someone else knows?...

something to do with the tag version? i don't use RE but with MiK the tracks need to be idv2.4
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

^^ RE has issues with outdated tag versions. I ran into it, and it's the reason why some of my tracks wouldn't play in iTunes after RE analyzed them. I had to run a tag fixing program over it, and it was a bit of a headache.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I know I've had issues with vinyl rips in beatunes ... as it's manually ripped, the track time doesn't match what's recorded on their servers, so when the software makes a hash of the track to send for an id, it doesn't match.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

USe a tagging prog to copy all the tags from the problem tracks... then delete them all and analyse them in re2 ... now paste the old tags back onto the tracks. I can use mp3tag to do this.

I did quite a bit of investigation into this sometime ago. There is a post somewhere.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution