Showing my "noobness"
    Tech Convert

Default Showing my "noobness"

So I went to a local DJ store today, and was playing around on an Numark NS7. I noticed that they did not have any knobs for effects, and was wondering if that is common. The VMS4 (which is what I would like to get) does not have any knobs for effects on it (at least to my knowledge). How would I use Flanger, phaser, etc on those? Other controllers (like the DJ tech hybrid 202) have knobs for flanger and phaser built right in....

The Numark NS7 looks to me like a bit of an Itch purest vinyl emulation piece of kit.

Which software do you want to use? Itch or Traktor?

I'd be looking at a VCI-100 and soundcard if i were you...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Traktor

There is a separate effects controller that goes with the NS7.

http://www.numark.com/ns7fx

I know a couple guys who use this with both itch and Virtual DJ and love it. With Tractor I would just use a Kontrol X-1 instead.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

The vms4 doesn't have specific knobs dedicated to an effect instead its an effect select knob with the effect on button below it, and the parameter knob next to it.

See the section that says effect? That knob on the left will scroll through the effects in the software, hit the on/off button below it, then you can turn on parameter, and use that knob to adjust the effects

[Edit] After posting I realized I can't wait to get one of these!
    Last edited by eastcoastams; 04-19-2010 at 06:04 PM.

The only thing I'm a little confused about is how they expect you to switch between decks, this being a four channel controller...I know the DX has a layer button, this does not haha...maybe just shift activate the second set of decks who knows

I would use the shift button on there as a toggle deck function. Like most controllers, the standard mapping will blow goats. Great controller for you to learn midi on mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "