Help with smart knob for masher

Default Help with smart knob for masher

Hi all,

CAn anyone help with the above?

I'm trying to set up a knob that when turned from off with turn on masher and increase the parameter and then turb back off when it hits zero again.

I have pretty much got it there apart from it turns off when the knob is turned all the way round to max aswell as min.

Any ideas?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

Effect On set to the CC# of the knob you're using. Set it to "hold". Another regular command for Dry/Wet or whatever parameter you want to control on the same knob, set to fader/knob, absolute.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Cheers zac, yup worked it out eventually last night.

I am not struggling to set up the filter on my lpd8 like the vci one ean has mapped. I fear its due to the notes that the filter knob gives out on the vci is that right?

I have got it to work so that it turns on and off at the far most anticlockwise position but i want it ideally to turn on on and off in the middle.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

Yeah brother, if your controller doesn't have a specific note on that gets sent from the middle position, you'll need a midi translator for that. If you get one,
    what you want to do (this is kinda rough, I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do it via rules in Bomes) is take a selection of CC values around the center position (ie 60-70) and have those send a note on which you'd then map in traktor to turn the filter off. Likewise, the rest of the values could send a different note on to turn the filter on. I say a range near the middle because sometimes if you are moving the knob quickly, some values get skipped over, and you might miss the "off". Like I said, there's probably a better way to do it, using < and >, but without actually trying it out I really can't say what.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets