HELP massive (dubious) problem with peak volume in ableton
    Tech Mentor

Default HELP massive (dubious) problem with peak volume in ableton

ok hello

so i got this massive problem in ableton..

i have two massive synths which are both playing at the same time. one is more bassy and the other one is higher giving the final sound this fine touch.

however, IM FREAKING OUT. i have a loop going to test the peak volume..

its like [loop] [pause] [synth] [pause] [/loop] so there is no way the sound could be manipulated.. however, it seems like the second synth is getting louder the more i play it.

it also seems like the master volume is jumping around like super mario. the first ten times i play the song the volume stays under -3db and then it suddenly goes to -2.5db.

i have tried nearly EVERY volume combination i could think of but no way, it still jumps under -3db sometimes. i compressed it of course but this isn't helping me in any way..

PLEASE HELP

to me, it sounds like a weird clash of frequencies. do you have any LFO's going in massive? if so, is "Restart" checked (it's in the LFO window under the Rate)? the only thing i can think of is that LFO isn't on Restart and therefore is starting at different points in the oscillation wave each time, and therefore giving different volume levels on each pass.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition