Quick question

Thread: Quick question

Tech Guru

Default Quick question

What setting do you select in traktor so that every time you load a new song the gains are in the original or center position again instead of where they were last set in that song. I was trying to figure this out last night with no result?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

In Prefs > Loading > Reset All Mixer Controls .
    But this only works for the Gain if Auto Gain feature is disabled. If Auto gain is checked Traktor will reset all Mixer controls (treble etc) but the Auto Gain will still apply on loading a new track.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    What setting do you select in traktor so that every time you load a new song the gains are in the original or center position again instead of where they were last set in that song. I was trying to figure this out last night with no result?
    go Preferences

go tab Loading

go section Resetting Controls

check Reset all mixer controls.....

and RTFM

EDIT> dammmn im so slow... and ofc the autogain thing... but well read the manual anyway, it's great
    Last edited by Kupujte_Pytle; 04-21-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Bare in mind that it doesnt affect Gain unless Auto Gain is unchecked.

so what you're saying is, if the auto gain is on, the gain won't reset?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

The problem was that auto gain was checked. I always used to adjust my gain by ear anywas and thought it was just resetting the gain to the position I last left it in the song. Stupid mistake!

But realizing this, is the autogain function really that accurate? Sometimes it will lower the gain alot and then I would just have to turn it up again anywas when the mix is complete. Probally better off just lowering the gain a little and playing with the EQ's so you dont always hear a shift in volume when adjusting the gain to its normal position again.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    The problem was that auto gain was checked. I always used to adjust my gain by ear anywas and thought it was just resetting the gain to the position I last left it in the song. Stupid mistake!

But realizing this, is the autogain function really that accurate? Sometimes it will lower the gain alot and then I would just have to turn it up again anywas when the mix is complete. Probally better off just lowering the gain a little and playing with the EQ's so you dont always hear a shift in volume when adjusting the gain to its normal position again.
    it is pretty accurate mostly when you use same quality mp3s and when you stay in the same genre. for example> When i mix 320 CBR tunes and bring on some older VBR tunes it could deviate by say 5-10% (but even then it is usualy exception) ... but some users say it deviates by much much more, i just think their digital tunes are rubish, then ... i honestly think it's pretty good function and needs to be corrected just once a while.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    i honestly think it's pretty good function and needs to be corrected just once a while.
    Yeah i agree. AutoGain will never be 100% because it works off an average of the level of the track. If a track has major differences in volume you may need to tweak but hey... thats called DJing right.

AutoGain is a good start to getting equal levels. Its not the end of the job, thats always the DJs job.

K

find if you have a really deep/subby bassline line it sets the volume too low for the higher end stuff, but then that's where eqs come in

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud