Proper Way to Paint Jog Wheels - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    They actually work on static electricity which can be picked up though a every thin layer, you need to crank your sensitivity settings right up though, so i wouldnt call it ideal, but it is doable - just be very wary of the thickness of the material/paint you put on there.

Id still recommend conductive paint for failproof results though.
    Sorry just got thinking about how they work.
    I'm assuming the jog wheels actually work based on a variable capacitance bridge circuit. Meaning, the 2 adjustment pots on the back change the amount of resistance allowed to a "standard" capacitance capacitor. On the other half of the circuit is the jog wheel which acts as the "unknown" capacitance capacitor. When you place your fingers on it the capacitance increases. it should have a zener diode connected on that side. When the breakdown voltage exceeds nominal the diode will conduct to maybe a signal amplifier then to either a gate or the IC as a signal. Here's a simple bridge circuit i found; didn't find one with a zener diode or gate; but my curiosity on exactly how it works is killing me!

btw, in theory if the paint is too thick i would imagine you can compensate by readjusting the 2 sensitivity pots on the back.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Definitely sand them down. I sanded them down and just put a coat on them. I actually want to repaint them now.
    Cool, thx. How come? Paint not holding up? And what grit sandpaper did you use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123