MIDIfighter casing

Default MIDIfighter casing

Just wondering ,will there ever be any sides made for the midi fighter ,

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

It is being worked on - just taking a lot longer to perfect than we anticipated

Good news, We have finally decided on a final case/side wall product that will be available in about 5 weeks time. Its going to be a series of silicon wraps (like the ones that go around your iphone) These will protect the outside of your midi-fighter/allow light from the buttons to shine through and come in a bunch of really cool colors.

The wraps will slip on and off the controller really easily but stay put and not slide off.

Thoughts- do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Its going to be a series of silicon wraps (like the ones that go around your iphone) These will protect the outside of your midi-fighter/allow light from the buttons to shine through and come in a bunch of really cool colors.

The wraps will slip on and off the controller really easily but stay put and not slide off.
    You mean like a condom? April 1st just passed, didn't it?
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Good news, We have finally decided on a final case/side wall product that will be available in about 5 weeks time. Its going to be a series of silicon wraps (like the ones that go around your iphone) These will protect the outside of your midi-fighter/allow light from the buttons to shine through and come in a bunch of really cool colors.

Thoughts- do you like?
    Sounds good in practice, but I've gone through several silicone iphone cases, after about 3 months they tend to loose their shape, and don't fit snug anymore. So there's no chance we can get some sort of hard polycarb casing like in those concept pictures?

Also are there any plans for a DJTT vinyl sticker/cutout that would go on the vci-100 platters, somehow allowing the touch sensors to still function.. Painting the platters seems pretty hard, but a nice sticker/overlay would be awesome.

Thoughts- do you like?
    I think it's massive. Any chance of putting logo's on it?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

With a case I'll probably go for one yes. As for the case being available in different colors it's great. As for a business point of view, the more colors the more stock liability and risks

Tech Wizard

sounds rad to me! I'm totally down for that idea versus having to unscrew and pop out all the buttons etc. the original sidewall concepts were cool, but the ease of use and interchangeability of the "condoms" (lol) sounds great to me.

I was hoping there was a see through option in the mix somewhere too. people just go crazy for the lights coming out the sides.