BeatMaker by Intua for iPod

Default BeatMaker by Intua for iPod

Hello everybody,

today in iTunes App Store they discounted portable "studio" for iPod and iPhone. I know that it is only a toy and you can't create anything good on it but is it worth to spend 10$ instead of previous 20$? I think that in plane, bus or car it can bring some fun. Somebody tried it and can share own opinion about BeatMaker?

Thanks in advance folks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I spent $20 on it recently and am not disappointed. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

This is no toy. It's highly capable, and in some instances has provided a better* groove than ProTools/Reason. It's only downfall (for being what it is) is a line-in input, however you can make a cable that splits the headphone jack into a mono headphone/mic/line input cable which lets you sample without using the crappy built in phone mic.

You can also create sounds in Noise.io synth and import the wav files into Beatmaker to chop up. Super cool. One of my favorite apps for sure

*Highly subjective and circumstantial

Villinus thanks for an answer! I was waiting for this kind of review. It means that it is worth to buy, so I'm heading to Apps Store. Thanks man!