analogue mixer? to use with tracktor scratch pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default analogue mixer? to use with tracktor scratch pro

hey guys,

i am thinking of getting a pair of turntables and i in the process of looking for a mixer and i was looking at the Ecler nuo 2.0 or allen and heath xone 22... i was wondering would i need some thing that sends midi signals to use it with TSP?

thanks

Tech Mentor

you only need to send MIDI signals if you mix internally, if your using TSP you are most likely going to mix externally so with the right sound card you can use any analogue mixer.

I'd recommend the Ecler over the Allen and Heath, just because it has more features your likely to use (like the EQ isolators) and is far less chunky.
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

JamesT isn't quite right. You don't *need* ANY midi at all to run traktor, whether you mix internally or not.
    Given that it sounds like you are going down the timecode route with decks, then all you need is a 2in/2out (stereo) sound card and any old 2 channel mixer. You then get a couple of timecode vinyls and its these, via your soundcards inputs that sends the control signals to traktor (in your setup).
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

You don't need it but IMO you'd want some external midi control for fx though.

If there is a mixer with midi knobs that can be assigned to fx while still allowing you to use all the normal controls "externally" then that's cool.

But yeah, any decks and mixer will do... maybe think about that and getting an x1 for fx.

I use a vci myself but i think using TSP with out making use of the fx is a bit of a waste.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    all you need is a 2in/2out (stereo) sound card
    Small correction: For TSP you will need either an A4DJ or an A8Dj sound card (or any mixer that is Traktor Certified), not just any old sound card.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Small correction: For TSP you will need either an A4DJ or an A8Dj sound card (or any mixer that is Traktor Certified), not just any old sound card.

Phil.
    Umm.. No.
    I've used other sound cards before with TSP and it worked fine.

This video explains it:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHnCVU9bQ4A
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Tech Guru

^^^ I think Karlos posted on another thread they fixed (don't allow) that with 1.2.5 so your probably gonna need to use on of the previous versions.

external mixer + X1

Tech Mentor

djm800

nah go elcer
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    ^^^ I think Karlos posted on another thread they fixed (don't allow) that with 1.2.5 so your probably gonna need to use on of the previous versions.

external mixer + X1
    Please tell me thats not correct ? What about the people using asio4all to aggregrate soundcards, or those now using other cards ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast