LOOP Active = Beat Phase Monitor LED Blink

Default LOOP Active = Beat Phase Monitor LED Blink

OK MIDI freaks. I have TRAKTOR PRO and my LED MIDI controller.
    I am trying to get the 2 LOOP LED's to blink on BPM "ONLY" when the Loop is active.
    Tried for hours. Why am I stupid?
    I have one button for LOOP IN and one for LOOP OUT.
    When I set the LOOP it turns the LOOP ACTIVE button on in the TRAKTOR GUI. I want that command to make the LOOP IN and LOOP OUT buttons blink in order to visually alert me that the loop is on while mixing and tweaking effects.
    I set the beat phase monitor and I can get the blinky blinks to work, but they stay ON the whole time.
    Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tech Guru

Set up a beat phase counter output to the led in question with a condition of "is in loop". Make sure the deck is specified. I think you've got that part already. Then you might need to set up another output (solid or off or whatever) for when the track is out of the loop. An easy way to do this might be to set up a modifier output for a modifier that isn't used or never changes, and just give that the conditions "is in loop=0" and M1=0 (or whatever you want to use) - I'm not sure, but try it out and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 04-22-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

apart from the beat phase monitor led when it's in loop you just add a loop active outpout. Thta'zs how I mapped it so when I 'activating the loop 'it is lit, when it's in loop it blinks and when not active the loop isn't lit.
    Note that the beat phase monitor will work only under specific loop lenghts if it's less than 1/2 it won't lit. That's the flaw or at least the one I have.
    I don't know why there isn't a oupout command telling to lit a led outside of the volume, pfl or beat phase monitor ones. Would be handy.

You guys rock. I'll get around to working it and let you know what's up.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Set up a beat phase counter output to the led in question with a condition of "is in loop". Make sure the deck is specified.
    How do I set up a condition? for "is in loop"

Whenever I play with modifiers I need to assign a MIDI note (G#3) etc. and then it is a modifier button. But I don't get the modifier to itself thing. I understand the Modifier as a shift button thing. EXAMPLE: If G#3 is held (modifier) then C3 = FX1 but G#3 is OFF then C3 = TRIM etc.

Thanks.

Tech Guru

You should see a couple drop downs inside the command where you can pick conditions (M1=?, deck is playing, is in loop, etc).

The modifier to itself thing is really the same as any other command. A modifier can have an output too, so it can light up an led, based on it's value. So you have an input command that toggles between m1=0 and m1=1. Then you'd have an output command for M1, that has a condition of M1=1, and that would only light the led when M1=1.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    I don't know why there isn't a oupout command telling to lit a led outside of the volume, pfl or beat phase monitor ones. Would be handy.
    Oh how I've wished for a generic "led out" command many times, crying myself to sleep, lol!

Mixcloud DJ Sets

а мужики-то не знают

Quote Originally Posted by StasGolubev826 View Post
    а мужики-то не знают
    ^ what he said...
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |