Is it possible for an Internal/External Setup?

Default Is it possible for an Internal/External Setup?

I've been using a "VCI-100 FW1.3", "Traktor Pro" & "Numark DJ|IO" for 2 years now.

Just recently I bought 2 "Stanton Str8-150's turntables", "Vestax PMC-05 Pro III (2-Channel mixer)", & "Traktor Scratch Pro".

Is it possible to have my setup run half internally and half externally.

I want my decks A&B to be controlled by the turntables & decks C&D to be controlled by my VCI-100(Ean's Latest Mapping).
    |Traktor Pro 1.2|TSI 2.2|VCI-100 FW 1.3|Akai LPD8|Numark DJIO|Toshiba Satellite A215|

Tech Guru

i think (and i could be wrong) that you need a four channel external mixer to control the sound. However, you can control decks C+D with the VCI as far as play, loops, effects, etc. goes.

Tech Guru

Yeah you're gonna need 4 channels. You'll need to upgrade to the Audio 8 DJ and a 4 channel mixer. Although if it's possible, you could try routing decks A & B to output 1 & 2, and C & D also to 1 & 2. Then assign volume faders for your decks you are using with the VCI (so C & D for example). Might work, I dunno
    Last edited by dodge; 04-22-2010 at 08:13 PM.

i believe it can be done with a 2 channel mixer, u route the audio of the internal decks out the same channels as the external decks and then control the levels of the internal via midi.

i'm sorry i don't know TSP well enough to know how to do it or if you still have vol control with the software mixer gone in external mode
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

You could route your audio through Ableton before routing it to your mixer, that would let you mix 2 decks internally inside of Ableton while routing the other 2 decks to the external mixer.