What needs to be backed up before uninstall?
    Tech Guru

Default What needs to be backed up before uninstall?

Ok, I know there's a section on this in the manual, I just went through it but can't find it. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Traktor on my Mac. Can someone please tell me what I need to back up before I uninstall. I have backed up all my TSI files. I know there's a certain file for all my cue points and grids etc. Can someone give me a directory as to where this is in OSX please. Just want to be sure I don't fuck this all up. Any other info would be great.

Many thanks

Look for the Native Instruments Folder In your documents and copy the whole traktor folder from there. When you reinstall, replace the traktor folder with the backup version. If you have a big collection, this can get quite big so it might pay you to go through first and clear some of the history.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

I already saved that file, just wanted to double check. Thanks for the help, but what do you mean by clear some of the history? What history? The file was about 300mb

every time you close traktor, a collection file gets backed up. the "backup" folder can get pretty big after a few months. i usually just leave the last few collection files in there and clear the rest. No biggie tho
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "