franken-controller and ableton question

Default franken-controller and ableton question

Hello all! So I've had this idea and have been searching around, it's probably easy and just that I don't know enough about live yet. Anyhoo, I've basically got my M-Audio keystation 49e, LPD8 and soon a korgkontrol all mashed into one device. In my head I see everything as a grid layer like in ableton, but my control setup does not reflect that (like the APC40, DO WANT), So I was wondering if there was a way to make a MIDI Remote Script or something that would allow me to have that selection box, assign an up down left right selection box movement keys and have all the clips IN the box be tied to those MIDI controls. Basically, the only way I can get a real workflow type deal lined up, is if I limit myself to 4 'layers' each 'deck', which is just too simple for me. I know I could be automating some pads and have tied clip launches, but I want to have FULL control over my sound. I've always wanted to produce(and meld that with DJing), but I've ALWAYS been turned off by that linear "Fuck... I have to make a beginning, now a middle, now an end" and that stupid blank page just STARING. It's not that I don't want to learn the software (been at it for a couple months or so), or I don't have the drive (I mix and try and learn something new everyday), It's just that Live allows you to do it BACKWARDS, which is the right way for me! (And I bet a TON of you too!) And so far, it's working, amazingly, except... AHA! Perfect analogy; I'm perfectly happy with my own arms and hands, but this just makes it better:

I have my two perfectly fine human arms, BUT IF I COULD have a 3rd robot arm (aaahahaha yesss) things would be easier, like holding beer AND playing music with my human hands.

If you catch the drift. :-D I was looking for the gif of the Operator from GITS with the fingers that split open to reveal crazy spider-fingers, but the beer arm works too. ANYWAY, I trailed off a bit, but I hope I was clear. Thanks for lookin! Peace!
    Last edited by DJMutagen; 04-23-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: tried to clarify
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

I bookmarked this site last night while I was in "good-crap-i'm-high-but-i-can-learn-shit" mode... For anyone who is interested in my ramblings :-D

http://livecontrol.q3f.org/ableton-liveapi/articles/

I'm going to toy around with the korg nanopad template they have and see where i get. I'll post my findings
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

I love answering my own questions that I ask myself on the internet! HAHA! I need my own I Iz drunk thread... *sigh*

BAM!

http://livecontrol.q3f.org/ableton-l...ework-classes/

He even teaches you to create the 'selection box' with a single dimensional midi keyboard into a two dimensional controller.(HEY! WHOA! I'M ESSENTIALLY TRYING TO DO THAT!) I will keep this thread going though to let everyone who is interested (I know there is at least... 6 of you!) in getting this going for custom controllers.