Anyone have the new 15" MBP w/ the high-res screen option?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Anyone have the new 15" MBP w/ the high-res screen option?

Just curious if anyone on here has bought this model with the high-res display yet? Would love to see a screen shot running 4 decks. I'm stuck between 15" and 17" and this would def help me decide.

you bet, gotta get the new machine all setup, but i'll post something soon.

Default 36% more pixels

just getting the machine setup, below are some shots of the default, first-install content. having used a normal unibody 15" since it was introduced and several 15" macbook pros previous to that, i can really feel the difference. 33% scaled thumbnails, click for the full res, 1680x1050 on top, 1440x852* below.

have you ever tried to use a 17" on an airplane?

* strange that the display is the same aspect ratio but doesn't support 1440x900 but instead 1440x852, no bother at its default res, it looks great.

I hope NI does an update that allows all of the controls to be visible in the 1680x1050 view

Tech Convert

Thanks for the pic posts! I really leaning more toward the 15" just for portability reasons. Question, do you gain any more browser room when all the deck looping controls are expanded? Also, is that shot in full-screen mode?

Quote Originally Posted by mest42085 View Post
    Thanks for the pic posts! I really leaning more toward the 15" just for portability reasons. Question, do you gain any more browser room when all the deck looping controls are expanded? Also, is that shot in full-screen mode?
    Don't forget the I7 processor also. The benchmarks show almost a 50% performance gain in most areas over the previous version. Also the graphics switching is improved.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Hey Jean_peirre, did you happen to get the anti-glare option? If not, do you have any major glare issues? Can you recommend either?

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by mest42085 View Post
    i had the original 17" MacBook Pro and while it was a great machine and the resolution eased doing work on the road, the weight and general size really made it a challenge on airplanes, cafes, lugging around airports/the city. i quickly transitioned to the 15" shortly there after and wouldn't consider going back.

here is a fullscreen shot, the other was just maximized window, again 33% thumb, click for full size.

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Don't forget the I7 processor also. The benchmarks show almost a 50% performance gain in most areas over the previous version. Also the graphics switching is improved.
    yah, i went i7 with my 15", it is a markable upgrade from the previous generation's 2.8GHz.

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Hey Jean_peirre, did you happen to get the anti-glare option? If not, do you have any major glare issues? Can you recommend either?
    actually i didn't though i have read that many suggest against it. being a long time powerbook and then macbook pro user, i had always had the normal matte displays, it wasn't until i got an iMac that i used a glossy screen. initially i shrugged off the greatly increased contrast as i found seeing my reflection impossibly difficult, but i quickly got over it and didn't really mind it. the unibody macbook pro i had previous to this was also glossy, again initially i was disappointed but the brightness of the LED backlighting was great and helped combat some of the reflection problems. over time i became used to it and now i use an i7 27" iMac and a i7 MacBook Pro and i barely notice it at all. it is a little like magic eye, if you focus your eyes at a different level, yeah you can see your reflection on a dark display, but generally i don't find it an issue. my best suggestion would be to go to the apple store and compare both displays.

Tech Convert

Thank you bro, you've been super helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast