can you block people on soundcloud??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default can you block people on soundcloud??

Hi,

We use the soundcloud drop box to receive demos for Teggno Records. Unfortunately people have somehow figured out the address that the demos get sent into. So now there are certain people that have added us to this list of their soundcloud spam and they send track "privately" to like 3000 people, and to be honest they are horrendous. So we have kindly asked them to remove us from this list, yet they actually refused... yes that is right, refused. LOL. I don't know what they think they are going to accomplish this way, but now I need to somehow block them, is there a way to do this with soundcloud, or are we just screwed?

damn technology. lol. Hey I encourage people to send in demos, but this guy sends out 1 minute clips. So first we nicely asked him to send full versions of his tracks, and that was just us being nice, we were hoping that would just discourage him from sending stuff since he was sending this crap to 3000+ people and he was obviously trying to get by on the free account which is why he is sharing 1 minute tracks. instead of removing us, he says that we MUST listen to his stuff. So now we asked him to please just stop sending all togetehr if he can't follow our instructions, but he says no to that also....

Hey Lance. Well i know by running a group myself that you can block people from it, which i've had to do a few times, but in your case i think that wouldn't work. Gotta love that soundcloud spam huh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Challenge them to a game of "Hide and Go Fuck Yourself!"

If that fails, tell them you derive musical inspiration from huffing a mixture of ammonia and bleach, and suggest they give it a try.

Alright, I'm gonna disengage asshole mode lol. Sorry, I have a deep seeded hate towards spammers.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That looks pretty much what he needs.

But... in Soundclouds tutorial they are muting FORSS... Bloody hell i know its just a mock up but crikey FORSS rocks.
    Id be happy if FORSS drop tracks in my box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rf_A1cnAYE

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I ended up finding that... thanks =)

hope this works!!!

So I guess strong ambition is not so important after all.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    So I guess strong ambition is not so important after all.
    lol, guess it depends on how you define that...

When I am getting half a$s 45 sec-1min clips of 140 bpm psytrance for my techno label, and its being "privately shared" to over 3000 people i would think that doesn't count as being ambitious. I want people to really want to be on my label. If they honestly think a track would be fit for Teggno I would love to hear it. When it is mass spamming every label they can get their hands on, well i don't want it. Thanks anyway, but I take great pride in my label and want the people on the label to have pride in it also and not just think of it as any other labe, or just one out of the 3000+ who bit on one of the tracks...

The person was bragging to me actually about having over 270 tracks done, yet not one was signed. That is the problem with the "producers" today no heart is going into productions, they believe in quantity, and not quality... its very sad... hopefully some aspiring producer will read my little rant and appreciate what i am writing and take it to heart and realize what goes into making a great track and what goes into getting it signed on the proper label!

Damn Lance, I did not know I was such a nuisance on soundcloud?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Damn Lance, I did not know I was such a nuisance on soundcloud?
    You were the first person I thought of when he said 140bpm psytrance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast