OT - Forum vs. Blog: Difference in posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OT - Forum vs. Blog: Difference in posts

I am often quite amazed at the difference between the type of posts here in the forum versus the comments left on the blog (main DJTT page). Here we are quite sedate, generally cheery and helpful. While on the blog some of the comments get quite aggressive and I'm-right-and-you're-wrong opinionated.

The real difference struck me when the iPad opinion thread started here and the way we treat each other's points of view in that thread. Then I went back and read the "well this is just stupid" comments.

Is it just me or is there that many different forum members vs. people who only read the blog?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Guru

That's easy, the forums require you to login, the blogs don't. It's the idea of being attached to an entity that keeps most in check, and gives people a name to identify and familiarize with.

Just general internet psychology, a whole lot of interesting articles about it

Tech Mentor

Default *scratches head*

I suppose that comes of the blog having a 'readership', whereas the forum is the 'community'.

Theres lots of people who come here just for the forums and dont read many of the blog posts at all !

I'm just glad most of those people don't come over onto here just to raise hell.

Tech Guru

really? I dont think I've ever got into a "fight" here on the forum. where as the blog posts there are usually a couple.... bad eggs. lololol guy from djtech.

I read these forums and the blog, but not the comments to the blog. I've done it before, but the forums just seem better I suppose. I think there are also people who don't visit the forum, but only comment on the blog

perhaps the forum could be better integrated with the blog replies? so you only need one login etc?

Tech Guru

you dont need to log in to the blog at all. Its an open format response platform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast