Pa speakers for parties?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Pa speakers for parties?

I want to buy a pair of powered PA speakers so I can take them to house parties to DJ. What can anyone recommend for this kind of thing?

Tech Mentor

Tapco Thump, Matrix-1000. Check em out..

Tech Guru

^^^ beat me to it. Good recommendations. The Matrix should give you a little more content below 80hz, on down to say.... 50hz). The thumps are good for most things, they will get you by, and can be picked up used fo cheap.

What type of music do you play?

Tech Mentor

electro dance so they need a good thump. i just need something solid (yet not too expensive) that i can take take along to parties when I Dj them because it really helps getting hired if you can provide your own speakers

Tech Mentor

would you reccommend getting second hand ones? for example some speakers that used to be in a hire place? or is that a bad idea...

Tech Guru

Usually I dont buy used speakers unless I happen to know the person I'm buying from ( and the price is right). If you consider buying used, make sure to ask how old they are, what application they've been used for, etc etc. Just try to make sure they havnt been abused. Get a demo too.

ITs hard to break those thumps. Theyve got built in protection if I remember correctly.

For a proper answer, you need to know just how many people you expect to be playing out to.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Wizard

jbl eons sound incredible for house parties, small bars and clubs. i would highly recommend as a first pa. a friend of mine got these not to long ago and i love the sound of them. If you are getting paid for something now and you think this will get you more gigs consider this as an investment. Research your needs listen to some at a local store and go on the net and find the best price. Just like anything else you get what you pay for. cheap equipment usually isnt a wise investment

Tech Guru

Mackie Thumps I personally think are the best bang for your buck. Allows for you to add later on a sub if needed. Rainbow guitars was selling these a while back for 290 a speaker. Had GC price match. I've heard EONs, Mackie450's, etc. unless you are dishing out some cash for some higher end EV's, QSC's, etc. For the price these will rock a good sized house party with no issues.

Tech Mentor

cheers, ive checked out the Thumps and they look sick, I'll be playing for crowds from as small as 40-50 up to like 120. Also, do you reccommend using some kind of converter to balance out the signal from my soundcard before plugging into the speakers or just go striaght from the sound card into the back of the speaker?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast