backing up library without duplicates
    Tech Guru

Default backing up library without duplicates

I backed up my entire ipod collection onto a hard drive. Since then I have deleted and added new stuff to my ipod. I want to back up all the new bits but there is quite a lot of new stuff and I can't remember what has and hasn't been backed up. Anyone know the best way to back up all my new shit without having to figure out what has and hasn't already been saved. I would go by date order but since getting a new macbook and a new ipod a lot of the import dates have changed.

I know there is software out there to deal with this kinda stuff but if it sees 2 different dates on the same tune it will it know it's a duplicate and the same goes for different cases on the titles?

Thanks

can't you just drag it all across to copy, but tell it not to copy duplicates? therefore just getting the new tracks?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

i assume on a mac it checks before over writing?

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Yeah, but like I already mentioned. I have a load of tracks already backed up but since getting a new laptop and moving tracks around from ipod to itunes and back again the import dates have changed, therefore the computer will see them as different tracks.

do you mean the actual file? because unless you've changed the file names, the import dates shouldn't make a difference as duplicates would be determined by the file name, not tag info/import dates

SoundCloud