Is there a "perfect" .tks for 3.3.2?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is there a "perfect" .tks for 3.3.2?

Hello All,
    I've recently gone from Traktor LE to the full version and I've tried all sorts of TKS files, including the 3.3"Fixed" tks, and lots of the buttons either don't light up or even map to anything anymore. Also, the outer jog wheels pitch bend level has gone down to almost un-notice-able levels.

I figure I'm missing something easy here, so wheres the right .tks?

Thanks in advance,
    - Kodiak

EDIT: partial solution
    After reading this thread about LEDs on the VCI:
    http://www.native-instruments.de/for...ad.php?t=62023
    I selected the VCI in midi-out (in midi preferences) and restarted Traktor.
    Now all my lights work!

The rest of the work will simply be to remap the buttons I don't agree with.
    Last edited by kodiak; 10-25-2008 at 05:07 PM.

try the telly tks here is a link from the NI forums:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...hlight=VCI-100

what do you think of the vci-100 so far?

Tech Wizard

Charo,
    Thanks much for the link. I'll give that one a shot. I don't know enough about midi-mapping just quite yet to get things working on my own, so having people's attempts at perfect mapping is helpful.

I like the VCI-100 OK so far, it's a 1.2. It had the annoying ramp-up issue until I loaded the TKS on Eans blog portion of the site here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/10/1...-101/#more-812

That worked well for the ramp-up, but it screwed up the EFX sections of the VCI-100 layout and still alot of lights aren't working.

One thing I'm afraid of with loading new TKS files is the ramp-up issue coming back.

I've got the 1.3SE upgrade kit, but there's no way I'm doing that until the overlays and knobs are available.

About Traktor and vci-100, just one stupid question: is it possible to change the "page" on vci-100? I know it may be a naive question, but I've just bought my vci-100 and didn't find any kind of "manual" (or basic tips and settings) about using it with traktor. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

What's a "page"?

In Traktor "Details" you have the "page" panel (4 layouts). I'd like to change that without touching the computer everytime. Actually, while djing, I'd love to do everything without touching the computer.

PS: Maybe you didn't understand because I didn't make it clear. Sorry about my english!

Tech Wizard

Oh OK I understand now. If I were to map it I'd probably replace the "preview" function (upper left hand side in the middle of the UP/DOWN Deck A/Deck B buttons.) I'll look at the midi settings and see if there's a simple fix for that.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gueen View Post
    In Traktor "Details" you have the "page" panel (4 layouts). I'd like to change that without touching the computer everytime. Actually, while djing, I'd love to do everything without touching the computer.
    SOLUTION!

• In traktor, go to file -> preferences
    • Go to Midi Setup
    • Click Add -> Window -> Details -> Next Page
    • Click the big "Learn" button, then push the "Preview" button on your VCI
    • You may have a big red thing come up saying that midi signal already is in use for preview, simply delete the conflicting assignment!
    After you do this, you can easily tab through the pages in sequence by clicking the preview button

Thank you very much, man! Gotta give it a try right now.

Tech Wizard

Cool; be sure to come back and let me know how it works out for you.

I was tempted to leave it set up on mine, until I realized that I could customize the top part of the screen and get everything I need onto one "page".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast