(ask) Vestax vci-100 to Pioneer CDJ-1000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default (ask) Vestax vci-100 to Pioneer CDJ-1000

hi there,
    I'm planning to buy a new dj controller like Vestax vci-100
    since i'm new into this DJ thing, is it possible to map the key exactly like Pioneer CDJ-1000.

Because many of my friends said that if i'm new to mixing stuff they advise me to try CDJ rather than USB midi controller.
    any suggestions perhaps?

cheers

Chose what YOU would like to learn to mix on. Your friends are probably biased because cdjs are what they know.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Chose what YOU would like to learn to mix on. Your friends are probably biased because cdjs are what they know.
    What he said.

Anyway you will find that the VCI-100 SE mostly works the same as a cdj-1000 on about a million tons of steroids anyway.

the basic VCI100 setup (without DJTT uprgades and stuff) is virtualy same like having basic mixer with effects and 2 CDJs and little bit more than that.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Convert

sorry.. what i meant is VCI-100 SE,
    so with this version, means that i got all the functions that CDJ-1000 have...
    doesn't???

Don't expect the jogs to be anything like a cdj though, just incase you get the impressions from above that they are. There nowhere near the same.

If you want a vci be prepeared to be using sync as the manual beatmatching abilities of the vci are a bit pants compared to cdjs and other turntables.

I would say they are different beasts alll together so choose wisely.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Convert

is money an issue? if so then the vci could be a safer investment. it should cost less than one cdj, for which you would need to buy another turntable and a separate mixer. plus, the vci has good long term value even if it's safe for beginners

Tech Convert

mhhh.. good point guys,
    so just wondering, did you guys find any problem since the first time buying it...
    like the pitch control(for beat matching) or the delay from sound card or something else perhaps?
    Last edited by dink_donk; 04-26-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Tech Guru

Honestly, this has been a topic of endless discussion, but I learned traditionally, and advise others do too to hone their skills and not rely on a computer to do their job. This doesn't have to do with a "bias" against MIDI controllers, it's just a simple matter of learning foundations first, and then applying the benefits of expanded creativity second.

The pitch control on the VCI-100SE is abysmal compared to the CDJ-1000's, and there is workarounds for this, but you will be sacrificing functionality from somewhere for it. The bottom line is that while the VCI-100SE is a great MIDI controller, it can't be compared to a $1200 industry standard CD player.

I'd compare the CDJ-1000 to something more along the lines of an EKS Otus Raw - feel wise at least. I base this based on personal ownership of both units.

No probs with delay from soundcard as long as you have a decent one.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast