Smart mixer question Bento?
    Tech Wizard

Default Smart mixer question Bento?

Just downloaded Bentos smart mixer a week ago and am really enjoying playing with it.
    However occasionally I want to mix using my eq's again though stil wire it through ableton. Is there a way to bypass the smart mix element though keeping the sounds going to the same tracks in ableton.
    I've mapped a button from my BCR2000 to the device activator button on both the '2 band smart compressor' and the 'Audio effect rack' the compressor is controller by a macro so I assume I don't need to map the activator button there.
    I've done this accross all 4 tracks SCA CueA SCB CueB.
    Is the right way or am I missing something, the smart mixer still seems to work when I turn the activators off though.
    I'm just starting to get a small handle on ableton but it's a slow process for me to learn things.

cheers
    Advent Notebook N270 1Gb ram,G5 PPC OSX 10.4.11 quadcore 2Gb ram fast track pro
    BCR 2000, Axiom 25
    http://www.mrcoops.co.uk
    http://www.spatialawareness.co.uk

i'm not sure you have it setup correctly from the sounds of it. you still should be able to mix using eqs with the smartmixer in place though sometimes it doesn't really make sense, for example, to cut the lows of deck A if you are suppressing the lows of deck A with the smartmixer.

i'd start with a fresh smartmixer als and read the instructions again and be careful mapping it just like the instructions say.

good luck.

I am using Belvario's Smart Mixer ALS as I do not have Ableton7, but to add the ability to mix using eq's as well as the smart mixing all I did was to add the Dj Master Rack into my Clip Tracks and map them to the knobs I want to use on my controllers (x-sessions pro / trigger finger).

Although since I am using the smart mixing I rarley touch them, I just have em there in -case the odd occasion I would like to cut a frequency out just a bit more or out completely.

I have not used Bento's set up yet (I would like to when I get ableton7 or 8) but I would suspect you coul do just the same thing.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I am not quite sure i understand your question, but if you want no smart-mixing to occur then all you need to do is make sure the high and low frequency knobs are turned all the way down. Then the setup is completely colourless (ie sounds exactly the same as if you had no smart-mixer in the first place).

A mistake a few people have made is they have havent realised that the racks on CueB and SCB the knobs to turn on and off the smart-mixing are actually opposite to CueA and SCA. This is what makes sure that only one frequency band is compressing the other and that they are not compressing each other at the same time.

And yeah, as said above re-read how to map the unit a few times to make sure its mapped properly

hey I just started using your template with my VCI and nice work!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .