Croud Pleasing Tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Croud Pleasing Tracks

So I was DJing a pretty big house party this weekend and the set was going really damn well. At one point though, a huuugee fight broke out. Literally, I watched a kid pass out in a fucking choke hold right in front of my table. More and more kids started getting involved in this fight and luckily everything kind of moved outside.

A ton of people left after the ordeal was over and I was trying really hard to get the audience back into the music. I tend to play a lot of electro/house/dubstep and generally your average American kid does not listen to this kind of stuff. I knew I needed a track that everyone knew, so I through on that cudi day and night remix and everyone got back into the music.

Just curious as to what track my fellow DJ's play to capture the audiences attention and get them back with the groove? Below are some pictures I found on facebook from the set...

Tech Convert

I run into this dilemma a lot - you want the crowd to enjoy the music you play but your not completely ready to sacrifice your taste in music by playing Britney Spears.

What I periodically do is check the top 40 and then use websites like Hypem.com to look up some electronic remixes of those tracks. That way, the crowd hears a song they all know and love and your okay with playing it because its in a stye you like.

Some good examples of this are as follows:
    -She Wolf (Villains Remix) by Shakira
    -Love in this Club (MSTRKRFT Remix) by Usher
    -Telephone (Crookers Remix) by Lady Gaga
    -3 (Wolfgang Gartner Remix) by Britney Spears
    -Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Remix) by Kid Cudi
    -California Love (Deadmau5 Remix) by 2Pac
    etc

Dont know if this is what your looking for...

Tech Wizard

Oh absolutely man! I'll definitely check those out. The fatboyslim lazy rich remix always works good for me, too!

Tech Mentor

there's a whole sub genre of top40 electro remixs, check out this thread for ideas..

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...17#post2135617

Tech Guru

Have you tried to play "Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body"?
    This music is amazing, the lyrics really makes your crowd get back in the mood of dacing, it's a Electropop for me, I really enjoy it (and I'm a psytrance lover :P )
    Also, there is a popular VJ remix of Ke$ha + Black Eyed Peas at youtube too, the VJ who did it is has a lot of DJ skills too, can't access you tube right now to post you the link but I'm sure that's easy to find.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Have you tried to play "Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body"?
    This music is amazing, the lyrics really makes your crowd get back in the mood of dacing, it's a Electropop for me, I really enjoy it (and I'm a psytrance lover :P )
    Also, there is a popular VJ remix of Ke$ha + Black Eyed Peas at youtube too, the VJ who did it is has a lot of DJ skills too, can't access you tube right now to post you the link but I'm sure that's easy to find.
    Definitely has a great groove to it! I'm definitely gonna try and download this

u should try to mix day and night with kids from mgmt...it´s like they were completly meant to be together! pretty good for some mashup action!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

If you really have to play Britney Spears to get the crowd moving, slam it with some massive dance track that no one was expecting

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There are a crap load of SHIT Britney mash ups but this one does actually work on a Pop/Dance level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKd7eQvIV0

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So they were so happy that you got the crowd pumpin again that they draped the flag over your shoulders? That's fuckin awsome!! JK good job.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast